Friday, July 26, 2013

Lesson 77--Phrasal Verb Quiz

Quiz time


 
 

Fill in the second sentence using a phrasal verb so that the meanings are identical.  When you are finished, please click on the Quiz Answers link in the top right corner of this blog.  Though you think you might be right, you had better check, because you might be surprised.

 
My car stopped working while I was driving on the highway.
My car _____ _____ while I was driving on the highway.

Please wait while I get the manager.
Please _____ _____ while I get the manager.

He wanted to stop drinking because of his health.
He wanted to _____ _____ drinking because of his health.

I do not want to hear your sarcasm.
I can ____ ____ your sarcasm.

A new movie is being released on Friday.
A new movie is ____ ____ on Friday.

Marie will assume the manager's job starting today.
Marie will ____ ____ the manager's job starting today.

The wind destroyed all the boats in the marina.
The wind ____ ____ all the boats in the marina.

Jim created a new drink menu for the bar.
Jim ____ ____ ____ a new drink menu for the bar.
Jim ____ ____ a new drink menu for the bar.

Michelle found a new restaurant on her way to work.
Michelle ____ ____ a new restaurant on her way to work.

You can depend on Veronica.
You can ____ ____ Veronica.

No comments:

Post a Comment