Monday, September 30, 2013

Lesson 105: Useful Verbs


Useful Verbs: Cram

 


meaning:  to fill completely, to overfill (both for physical space, mental space and time)
often this does not mean carefully filling, but quickly, squeezing everything in.

examples

space


I crammed all the luggage into the trunk and left for the airport.
I crammed all my clothes into my suitcase before my trip.
He had crammed so much stuff into the cupboard that I couldn't close the door.

time


I am going to cram two weeks worth of sightseeing into three days.
Because my vacation is short, I am going to have to cram everything in.

mental space (often used when studying for an exam)


I have to cram tonight because the exam is tomorrow.
I have crammed the definition of every word into my brain.

 

useful synonyms:


jam packed (adjective)

example:  My day is jam packed with fun.

1 comment: