Friday, December 12, 2014

Lesson 289--Dealing with salesclerks


 
One experience everyone has in English is dealing with a salesclerk.  They always appear in front of you (or behind you) and ask "Can I help you?" or "May I help you?"  Sometimes they modify that with, "Can I help you find something?" I would like to give you some expressions to deal with them.  I have put them in two categories:  expressions for when you don't want any help and expressions for when you would like some help.

When you don't want help.

No thanks.  I'm just looking.

I'm good right now, thanks.

Not right now, thank you.

I'm okay right now.  I'll call you if I need anything.

Not at this moment, thank you.

I'm okay for now.

When you want help.

Yes, I'm looking for a PS4.

Do you have the iPhone6S?

Have you got an electronic dictionary?

I was wondering if you have the Galaxy Note?

Could you show me some digital cameras?

I want a nice outfit for a party.

I'm interested in a new car.

No comments:

Post a Comment