Monday, December 29, 2014

Lesson 292--Talking About Winter


 
For many of my students, experiencing winter in Canada was one interesting experience that they will probably never forget.  I would just like to give them some phrases they can use when talking about the cold weather and winter in general.

When you enter a house or apartment and you want to explain it was snowing outside,  use this phrase.

It's really coming down out here/there!


If you want to make friends at the bus stop, use this phrase.

It's so cold I can see my breath.

My feet are freezing!

I can't wait for summer.

I wish I were on a beach somewhere.....anywhere but here.

I can't feel my toes.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome lesson! Brought me great memories, like when I heard one guitar man playing Girl from Ipanema with his guitar, inside Eglinton Station. It was the very first time I missed my home country.

    Anyways, back to the lesson. I went to a bunch of countries which snows, but I`ve never ~ever~ experienced a worse winter than in Canada <3 One meter of snow, how I miss it~~ (Honestly, I do. Brazil don`t have snow -at all - and the snow in Korea was rather disappointing. Sigh.)

    ReplyDelete