Monday, March 2, 2015

Lesson 314--A Labour of Love


Helping someone fix their bicycle can be a labour of love.
 
 
One of my favourite expressions is "to be a labour of love."  I like it because it is quite fitting for my life.  A lot of the things I do are a labour of love.  What that means is, I do it because I love it, not because I will get some reward.  Things that are labours of love are not cost efficient and usually require more work, time and sometimes money than the person will get out of it.

This blog is a labour of love.  I have spend many hours doing it, but financially the advertising has only accumulated to less than 10 dollars.  That's fine, because I am not doing it for the money.  It is a real labour of love.

examples.

Daniel spends a lot of time trying to fix his 1967 Mustang.  It is a real labour of love.

Philip loves baking, but his family doesn't care.  They just eat his food and hardly ever tell him how delicious it is.  He doesn't complain, though.  For him it is a labour of love.

Every Sunday, Maria washes her car.  It takes hours to wash, wax and polish her car but it is a labour of love and she wouldn't have it any other way.

Raising children is a labour of love.

 

Spelling reminder

labour is also spelled labor.  Choose wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment