Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Lesson 327--One Hit Wonders


 
As most of my students like music, today's lesson contains an important piece of vocabulary for talking about music, musicians and song writers.  I hope you find it useful and use it in conversation in the near future.

One hit wonder = a band, singer, or song writer who has one great song but then never makes another great one.  Songs like "unbelievable" by EMF or whomever wrote "who let the dogs out" come to mind.

examples

Even though I love the song, I am pretty sure the artist is going to be a one hit wonder.

I heard that song every day, all summer long, but then I never heard another song by that band again.  They were such a one hit wonder.

Every year MTV does a whole show on one hit wonders.  Last year, I knew every song.

No comments:

Post a Comment