Friday, January 18, 2013

Lesson 11: Make Up Your Mind


 

Idiom: To Make Up One's Mind   =             to decide something

                                                                        to make a choice, to choose

e.g.      I can't make up my mind whether I should buy the a PS3 or an Xbox.

            Stop thinking about it and make up your mind.

            After thinking about it for a long time, I made up my mind and chose the blue                                                          one.

            He is so indecisive.  He never makes up his mind about anything.

 

Usefulness Factor:      9/10


This is a very useful idiom.  You can use it to tell people to decide, and you can use it to express decision you have made and are having trouble making.

You will hear this in movies and on TV whenever people are making choices, especially when they are expressing the fact that they are having trouble deciding.  (I am having trouble making up my mind)

No comments:

Post a Comment