Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Lesson 121--Where's the washroom? (part three)


 
In my rush to get you all the useful vocabulary, I forgot to give you some example of questions you could ask when looking for the washroom.  Here are some examples.  These are not all of them, of course, but they should provide you with enough variation to get through your day.  They are roughly in order of most polite to less polite, though none of these sentences would be considered rude.

Examples (I have used washroom, but you could use most of the words from the polite section of  lesson 119)

Could you tell me where the washroom is?
Could you point me to/towards the washroom?
I'm wondering where the washroom is?
Do you have any idea where the washroom is?
I'm trying to find the washroom.....
I'm looking for the washroom....
Where would the washroom be?
I can't seem to find the washroom.
Where's the washroom?
Washroom? (Having a slightly stunned face will improve this question)

No comments:

Post a Comment