Monday, November 18, 2013

Lesson 126--A loss of power


 
 
I wasn't able to get today's lesson up at my normally scheduled time because the power was off in the city where I live.  Luckily, it provided a good theme for today's lesson.


Expressions to explain a loss of power.

 
Experiment and enjoy using these expressions.  You will always here them in a sitcom when the power goes out....and this happens at least once in every sitcom.

 
There was a power failure in my city last night.

There was a blackout in my city last night.

The power went out in my city last night.

There was a brownout in my city last night.

The power went off in my city last night.

The electrical grid went down last night.

We were without power last night.

There was no power/electricity last night.

The power was interrupted last night.
 
The power is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment