Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Lesson 142--Merry Christmas World


Though the goal of this blog is to teach English, I thought it important to take a day (or blogpost) and teach something we can all use.  Let's learn to say Merry Christmas in many other languages.  I hope I got them right, but feel free to leave corrections in the comment box.  Also, if I have overlooked your language, sorry.  Again, feel free to leave the information in the comment box.  I tried to put down the language of my students and coworkers....though I seem to have left out Maltese....could somebody help me.

Arabic
I'd Miilad Said Oua Sana Saida

Armenian
Shenoraavor Nor Dari yev Pari Gaghand

Basque
Eguberri on

Mandarin  Chinese 
Kung His Hsin Nien bing Chu Shen Tan

Cantonese Chinese
Saint Dan Fai Lok

Czech
Prejeme Vam Vesele Vanoce a stastny Novy Rok

Farsi
Cristmas-e-shoma mobarak bashad

French
Joyeux Noël

German
Froehliche Weihnachten

Greek
Kala Christouyenna

Hebrew
Mo'adim Lesimkha. Chena tova

Polish
Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia

Japanese
Shinnen omedeto, kurisumasu omedeto.

Latvian
Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu

Hindi
Shub Naya Baras

Korean
Sung Tan Chuk Ha

Russian
Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva s Novim Godom

Serbian
Hristos se rodi

Portuguese
Feliz Natal" "Boas Festas
 
Romanian
Craciun fericit
 
Slovakian
Sretan Bozic or Vesele vianoce

Spanish
Feliz Navidad

Thai
Sawadee Pee Mai

Turkish
Noeliniz Ve Yeni Yiliniz Kutlu Olsun

Vietnamese
Chuc Mung Giang Sinh

No comments:

Post a Comment