Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Lesson 178--There are no stupid questions


I have heard students tell me that they have a "stupid" question.  The truth is, there are no stupid questions.  There are basic questions, but they are still important questions.  If there is a gap in your knowledge, I will try my best to bridge it.

 

A student asked:  What's the difference between Sam and I, and Sam and me?

 

Sam and I is for subjects (usually before the verb)

examples:        Sam and I went to the movies.
                        Sam and I are playing tennis on Tuesday.
                        Sam and I are going to win our match.

 

Sam and me is for objects (usually after the verb)

examples:        Greg bought cars for Sam and me.
                        Jeannie is going to pick up Sam and me.
                        Mom is making dinner for Sam and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment