Friday, June 13, 2014

Lesson 214--two phrasal verbs

Phrasal verbs are very important.  The more of them you know, the more you will understand your favourite television show.  For today's lesson, I have a couple of useful ones for you.  Sorry that I don't have any pictures on this lesson, but I am exhausted and am going to bed as soon as this post is ready.


Turn into = become

examples

My job turned into a career.
Daniel's girlfriend turned into a monster.
Maria's home life was turning into a nightmare before she got help.
A good idea can turn into a great business.
Turn a mistake into an opportunity.

Show around = guide, give a tour

examples

The real estate agent showed the couple around the house.
If you visit, I will show you around the city.
I don't need anyone showing me around, I can find everything by myself.
The guide's job is to show guests around the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment