Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Lesson 351--talking about rain


I am sorry that this post is a little late  For many reasons, I just didn't get it done in time.  I had planned to do a lesson on  interesting science words, but then I looked out my window and realized how hard it was raining.

So probably some rain expressions would be useful.
Everyone know the old classic
"It's raining cats and dogs."

However, we really don't use that one any more.  Here are some more useful expressions that you are likely to hear.
  1. It's really coming down out there.
  2. It's raining heavily.
  3. I've never seen so much rain.
  4. It's just like the days of Noah's Ark.
  5. I might need to take a boat to work.
  6. It's really raining.
  7. It's pouring.
  8. You'll get soaked to the bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment