Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Lesson 148--sleeping in vs oversleeping


sleep in versus oversleep

 



to sleep in means to purposefully sleep longer than normal.


examples
I always sleep in on Sunday.
Marsha had nothing to do on Saturday, so she slept in.
Greg works hard but loves sleeping in when he can.

 

to oversleep means to sleep later than you intended, and probably means that you probably missed something.

 
examples
Bob overslept and was late for work.
Oversleeping caused Jim to lose his job.
James set the alarm, but was so tired that he overslept.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Anthony, your blog is amazing!

    I want to read all the posts right now, but I don't want to oversleep tomorrow and be late for your class ;)

    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anthony!
    I really love your blog =)

    I have a question...
    The sentence "I always sleep in on Sunday.", can i use "Sundays"? or not because i have the word "always"?

    Thanks,
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can use Sundays whether you use always or not.

    ReplyDelete