Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Lesson 154--Stalling for Time (part two)


 
 
Sometimes, when you want to ask something, but need a little bit of time to get it right, you can employ some stalling tactics.  Most of you already know the popular "er, uhmmm, well, and other noises.  The second lesson in this series is focused on longer sentences--which will give you more time to think about what you want to ask.  I hope you find them useful.  Use these sentences before you ask your question if you need time to form your question.

 

Pre Questions

Let me ask you something.
Let me ask you one thing.
I've got a question.
I've got a few questions.
There's one question I've got to ask.
Let me just ask you a few questions.
Let me get this straight.
There's something I want to know (first).
There are a few things that I want to know.
What I want to know is......
What I would like to ask you is.....

No comments:

Post a Comment