Friday, January 17, 2014

Lesson 152--Phrasal Verb Quiz

Phrasal Verb Quiz


 


Choose the best phrasal verb for your answer.  When you are done, click on the Quiz Answers link in the top right corner of this blog to check your answers.  Remember to check you answers because some of them might surprise you.

 
1. I went to the station to __________ my friend.

a) pick out b) pick apart c) pick up

2. To fix my computer I had to ___________ my hard drive.

a) take off b) take apart c) take up

3.  When Maria no longer loved Peter she ________ the wedding.

a) called off b) called on c) called for

4. Bob asked his daughter to __________ the town.

a) show her cousin off b) show her cousin to c) show her cousin around

5. Santiago ________ doing his homework.

a) put off b) put back c) put away

6. Pablo ____________ the job offer because the salary was too low.

a) turned down b) turned away c) turned off

7. The police _________ the bank robbery.

a) looked forward to b) looked after c) looked into

8. After failing his exam, Peter _______ his PS4.

a) gave up b) gave into c) gave out

9. Madeline _______ flour while she was baking cookies.

a) ran into b) ran away from c) ran out of

10.  After dinner the children_______ to their homework.

a) got hold of b) got away with c) got down to

6 comments:

  1. Hey Anthony!
    I couldnt do the quiz. I select the answer but its not working :/

    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The answer should take you to my another page. If that page doesn't have the answer, just click on the title to get to the newest page. Write back if it still doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried it, and it worked for me. The answers are in bold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i got a perfect. but i couldn't find a link to the answer with mobile phone. one of the reasons confusing you might be that we can see the link only on a page for pc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and i have a question. i am not sure about the preposition in the second sentence above: with mobile phone, by or via? prepositions make me crazy.

      Delete
  5. both would be okay, though via is not the most common preposition. We usually use this one when we are talking about transportation. I went to Florida via New York. Of course we can use it other ways, but that is the most common.

    ReplyDelete