Monday, January 20, 2014

Lesson 153--Stalling for Time (part one)


 
Sometimes, when you want to say something, but need a little bit of time to get it right, you can employ some stalling tactics.  Most of you already know the popular "er, uhmmm, well, and other noises.  We call them filler words.  Today's lesson is focused on longer sentences--which will give you even more time to think about what you want to say.

Use the following sentences while you are thinking about what you want to say.

Statements

Let me tell you something.
Let me tell you one thing.
Let's just get this straight.
Let me explain something to you.
Let me just make one thing clear.
Let me just make something clear.
Let me make something perfectly clear.
I've got something to say.
I've got something to tell you.
Listen to what I am going to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment