Monday, February 10, 2014

Lesson 162--Point (part one)


If you have read my hobby blog (jackofallhobby.blogspot.ca) you will know that I have become addicted to the game of darts.  Darts are sharp.  Darts are pointy.  That's where I got the idea for the next couple of lessons.  Point in such an interesting word with so many different uses and meanings.

 
You've got a point. (You've got a good point.
You make a good point. (You make a good point)

This is used when you agree with a person, or at the very least, want to tell them they have explained something well, or that their idea has some merit.

 
I see your point.
I get your point.

This is used when you want to tell someone that you understand what they are saying.

 
I don't see your point.
I don't get your point.
I don't see what point you're trying to make.
What's your point?
What point are you trying to make?

This is used when you do not understand what someone is telling you, or when you refuse to listen to their point.  (note...this will make them frustrated, maybe very frustrated)

2 comments:

  1. My 5-year-old nephew gets upset everytime I can't get his point as he uses strange words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have edited a few of your sentences. I hope this is helpful. I appreciate your effort, and I don't mean to criticize.

    ReplyDelete