Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Lesson 163--Point (part two)

 

There's no point.
There's no point in doing that.
I don't see any point in that.
It is pointless.

This is used when the situation is futile or useless, or when any action you take will have no effect.


To point out something.
To point something out.

This means to indicate something the person might not have seen, or that you would like them to focus on.  This can be visual, or can be an idea.

Examples: I would like to point out that there are 163 lessons in this blog so far.
                  Jane pointed out that it was too late for lunch, but too early for supper.
                  Bob's hobby was pointing out mistakes in movies.

3 comments:

  1. I like to point out grammar error in words my friends use although they hate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. errors is sentences my friends use

      Delete
    2. I should have typed the whole sentence.
      I like to point out the errors in sentences my friends use although they hate it.

      Delete